Who we are
Our website address is: https://caninearthritis.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site. we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Authorize.net stores all credit card information behind a secure firewall. CARE does not store credit card information. We make every effort to safeguard your information. We are not responsible for lost or stolen information.
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to set up your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to setup your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to pre-populate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
When visitors submit comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Feedback submitted on any of our forms may be used to improve or modify our platform based on user experience. Comments about your experience on the site and how it has helped you may be used on our site as testimonials. If you are concerned about your identity on our site, please use an alias/avatar/alternate email address to safeguard your identity.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google Analytics and Facebook tracking codes are installed on our site to collect data about using cookies to monitor your interaction with content on our website. Analytics information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, and date/time stamp. We use the information to analyze site usage, administer the site, understand usage and navigation trends in aggregate, and determine the relevance of content. This information, however, is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with anyone or any 3rd party services unless noted above.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Contact information collected with your subscription or in contact and support forms may be used to share information with you about new services or changes to services provided through our website. We will never share your information with any 3rd party services except those noted above that support the use of this website. We will never sell your information and never use your information for any purposes except those related to the use of this website and the services provided herein.
How we protect your data
The CARE site stores your data behind a secure firewall. We make every effort to safeguard your information. We are not responsible for lost or stolen information.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information only as long as required for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
- We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
We accept payments through Authorize.net. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Authorize.net, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.