How can I help my dog sleep more comfortably?
Dogs spend most of their days sleeping, particularly as they get older. They all deserve a warm, comfortable place to rest!
Maybe your dog sleeps on your bed, or in a crate, or on the couch, or even on the floor – no matter how many other dog bed options you have for them!
But when buying dog beds, CARE recommends the following:
- Supportive bedding, such as memory foam mattresses, are ideal for dogs with arthritis
- Bedding should be placed in a warm/ non-drafty area of the house
- Make sure there is non-slip flooring under and around their bed
- If your dog is crate trained, the crate should be large enough for them to stand up, move around and stretch out. The crate should also have supportive bedding.
- If your dog sleeps on the bed with you, ideally they shouldn’t jump off the bed but should use stairs or a ramp, particularly if the bed is high.
- Consider using a pulsed electromagnetic field bed, such as the Respond PEMF bed. These beds can be placed on top or under your dog’s bed and can provide non-pharmaceutical pain relief.